Enter the Tempest Storm
Always looking to provide aesthetically pleasing and functional cables we've come up with something new that hits on all the popular checkpoints!
It is a powerful combination of three Hivemind Cables:
- Superior tactile feel of the Chroma Soundweaver
- Excellent aethestics and aggressive patterning of the Venom Series
- Increased EMI/RFI protection of the Hydra.
Check it out here!
We've recently switched to the default platform for reviews, and I've manually copied some customers reviews to the corresponding model.
Unfortunately the date isnt the original posted date of the review, but when I moved it over.
So it'll look like an astroturf attempt to have legitimate reviews because the dates are all the same, please be assured that they are completely authentic!
Black Friday is here! Save 20% site wide on all purchases over $200! If your order is over $250 you also get FREE shipping!
Let's bring in the holiday season with a bang!
Use code: BLACKFRIDAY2016 during your checkout.
People have been asking for pictures showcase different configurations, and what better way to show them than with a gallery!
Check it out!
Here's a Chroma Soundweaver for the ZMF flagship the Omni! Thanks for the awesome pic Ky!
Type: Chroma Soundweaver, Red + Silver Grey twisted
Length: 5 feet
Wire core: Canare Quad Star L4ES
While our Instagram (www.instagram.com/hivemindcables) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/hivemindcables) feeds are constantly updated - we haven't been showing off customer cables on our website.
From now on the website will also get more pictures than the IG/Facebook feed as well as more description!
Here's the latest cable for one of our friends in California!
- Type: Chroma Soundweaver for the Sennheiser HD800S
- Length: 6ft
- Termination: Eidolic Rhodium 1/4" TRS
- Connector: Eidolic large barrel HD800 connector
- Splitter: Furez
- Wire Core: 21AWG Copper OHFC Canare Quad Star
- Solder type: Viablue Silver Solder
A quick update - I just moved to a new house/office so getting settled back in and getting back to cabling making was slowed down last week - I'm hoping to ramp up again very soon, and have a few cables sent out this week to eager customers!
I've been toying with the idea of going even more ridiculously premium and increasing the number of wire cores to the Silver Truthseeker from 8 to 12, and possibly even 16 (or more!) in the future :)
As as thank you I've asked a few customers if they were interested in the upgrade, and unsurprisingly they all accepted hehe.
Here's a few pics of probably the most badass Hivemind Cable yet!
Headphone Type: Silver Truthseeker for Audio Technica R70X
Wire Type: Silver UP-OCC 25AWG wire
Number of wire cores: 12
Strands per core: 7
Splitter: Carbon Fiber & Aluminum mini-splitter
Termination: Oyaide style 3.5mm (1/8") straight
Update: March 22 2016: Hey all! Ok so the balanced Oyaide 2.5mm connectors came about a week ago, I've been super busy with a recent move so I've been trying to catch up with them this week. Once actual customer orders have been fulfilled - I will get to creating some fancy ass Shure connectors!
We're looking get some great feedback on our IEM cables so we're setting up a Hivemind Cables Loaner Program! Would love to involve both the Reddit and Head-fi community since I am an active member on both :)
Anywhere between 5 & 10 people in Canada and the United States would be amazing!
To join simply reply here following this format:
- Username (Reddit and/or Head-fi profile)
- IEM & related gear list
- Previous reviews/impressions you may have written
- Previous Loan Programs you may have participated in
Heres an example:
- Usernames: Reddit: jerrolds Head-fi: q2klepto
- Country: Canada
- Gear: Shure SE846, Macbook Pro or LG G3 Android phone
- Reviews: HE-400i vs HE-400i: http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifiman-he-400i/reviews/11942
- Loaner Programs: Oppo PM1, Oppo PM3, VE Zen & Asura, Aune X1S
Some information on the Hivemind Cables Reddit/Head-fi Loaner Program:
- The cables will be Shure style (mmcx) iem cables. There will be 3 (or 4) models based on the Hydra, Chroma Soundweaver, Silver Truthseeker. All shipped together.
- Redditors must have at least 100 comment and 150 link karma to participate. Head-fiers must have at least 5 reputation and 50 post count
- Each participant will have the cables for 2 weeks for review & impressions, then must ship (at their cost) to the next participant on the list.
- If at any point there is a break in the chain (loaners are lost or stolen), the Loaner Program may end - so please be cool :)
- Impressions and/or Reviews posted on your favourite community are GREATLY appreciated but not mandatory
- Also, feel free to comment with any ideas you might have that'll make for good custom IEM cables!
Thanks so much for participating!
This is an upgraded Hydra for a customer out in Nova Scotia! "Post Split" was upgraded with Black & Grey paracord that goes very nice with the Sennheiser HD650. Even with a heatshrink splitter the Hivemind Cable is quite handsome.
- Wire Core: Canare Quad Star Copper OFHC
- Splitter: Heatshrink
- Termination: Neutrik 3.5mm (1/8") TRS
- Post Split Style: Chroma Style
- Colour 1: Black
- Colour 2: Grey
What do you guys think?